Join our Mermaid Retreat in Italy. Awaken your inner mermaid or merman and discover the underwater world like never before. During our mermaid retreat you will learn new techniques and expand your portfolio with breathtaking underwater photos. Get to know like-minded people and explore Italy’s island “Elba”. Of course, our team offers you the help and support that you need. No matter if you are still a beginner or already a professional, nobody will miss out on the mermaid retreat in Italy. In addition to the diverse photo shoots, you will discover many sights on our tours. Of course, you will also have time to relax and rest. Enjoy the wonderful garden in our apartment complex or relax on the beach, which is in the immediate vicinity. What are you waiting for? Come and join our mermaid retreat in Italy and experience the adventure of a lifetime.
Mermaid Retreat Italy 2021
– Underwater Modelling and Mermaid Workshop – 11th – 18th September 2021 – Elba, Italy
What are we going to do?
This mermaid adventure in Italy is a retreat for mermaids, mermen, underwater models and other water-minded people. We want to create a time and place where like-minded aquatic people can meet and share their passion for the underwater world. We want to teach new techniques and skills and furthermore we want to encourage the exchange of experiences in the group. Our goal is that everyone will have an unforgettable time and go home with many great memories that will last a lifetime. In addition, we would like to create breathtaking underwater pictures of all participants which will always remind you of this trip. In order to make this retreat as special as possible, we have prepared a unique program for you (please note that the procedure may vary slightly):
Interesting facts about Elba
At some point in life everyone goes to Bali. Immersing yourself in foreign cultures and being open to new things are certainly some reasons. While some consider Bali to be the perfect holiday destination and think of Caribbean-themed beaches, others are attracted to the originality of Bali, such as rice terraces, palaces and temples. Bali belongs to Indonesia and is located in the beautiful Indian Ocean. Bali Hinduism is incomparable. Birth, death and everything in between, but also mountains, lakes, flowers and the rice fields are structured by rituals and symbols. Balinese are warm and balanced. They hardly ever get loud and expect their visitors to try to solve problems without aggression. Dances, music, funeral ceremonies, everything is there for everyone, because visitors are almost always invited as a matter of course. The climate is tropical hot and humid all year round, with daytime temperatures of around 30 to 32 degrees. In Indonesia, and thus also in Bali, no shells may be picked up on the beach or bought in souvenir shops!
Additionally to the connection with nature, learning and the exchange of experiences, photo shoots are of course another focus of this trip. We would like to help you to expand your portfolio with mermaid and underwater pictures. To achieve this, our experienced team is always at your side. Throughout the week you will get tips and help on modeling and holding your breath. For this reason, we are sure that you will receive outstanding pictures of yourself. After the trip, we post your photos on a private website where you can view them. You can then select your photos from there. Shortly afterwards you will receive the fully edited and high-resolution version of your photos. You can use these photos for private use and self-promotion, like social media or on your websites. Please note that a model release must be signed so we can also use the pictures.
In order to participate in this mermaid retreat in Italy, you need to be able to swim well and safely. We also recommend general basic fitness. No experience in freediving, scuba diving, mermaid swimming or underwater modeling is required. Depending on your personal level, we offer you as much support as necessary. Since we firmly believe that mermaids and mermen come in all sizes, shapes, colors, age groups and genders, there are no visual criteria to be met. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
Can I bring my partner?
Of course, partners are very welcome at Mermaid Week Italy. They can either participate in all of our activities or just join those that interest them. If your partner is not interested in photo shoots, he / she can still come with us. For example, while we are shooting, he / she can go swimming or snorkelling. Certainly, partners also have the opportunity to select 10 photos from the trip. They can also assign these to the participating partner.
Information about the apartments Al Pozzo
When you get to Elba, just drive towards Capoliveri. Our accommodation is in Morcone, a small place. The way there is only signposted from Capoliveri onwards. Therefore, please follow the signs towards Capoliveri / Porto Azzuro. In Morcone there is only one street, the dive center is on the right. (we can assist with your travel plans). The “Al Pozzo” apartments have a fantastic view of the sea, mountains and palm trees. In addition to barbecue areas and a large garden, the complex also has free and private parking spaces available. Each apartment is equipped with flat screen TVs. There is also free WIFI. Morcone Beach is around 200 m away. There is also a mini-market, scooter and boat rental. There is a service bus to Capoliveri and the surrounding bays. You share an apartment with a shared kitchen and living room with a maximum of 4 people.
Do I need travel insurance?
We highly recommend having travel insurance for the trip. Please note that you will need to sign a liability release, before you are able to join any activities.
What to bring to this Mermaid Retreat:
- Travel insurance
- Diving license (if you have one and want to go diving)
- Bikini / swimsuit / swimming pants
- Mask, snorkel, fins (if available)
- Summer clothes
- Sweatshirt / light jacket
- Water shoes
- Rash Guard / long sleeved shirt
- Light long pants
- Sunglasses and hat
- Required medication
- Natural mosquito repellent
- Sea-friendly sunscreen
- Mermaid tail if you have one (no sequin fins!)
- Fashion outfits to shoot
- Waterproof mascara and additional makeup (apart from mascara, normal makeup stays reasonably well in place unless you wipe your face)
- If glitter, please only biodegradable
- Wigs in different hair colors (if you want)
- Hairpins and wig glue
- Credit cards and cash (can be changed on site)
- Reusable items such as bottles, cups, bags, etc.
What is included?
- 7 nights in the Al Pozzo apartment with a maximum of 4 people
- Daily breakfast
- Farewell dinner
- Training in the field of mermaiding and underwater modeling
- 8 photo shoots, partly on land and partly under water
- Working with experienced underwater photographers
- Support from our professional safety team
- A country tour with e-bikes
- Transport during our activities
- Rental fabric mermaid tail from Mermaid Kat Shop (if you don’t have one)
- 10 edited, high-resolution photos (you can choose)
- 1 video from this trip (about 2-3 minutes long)
What is not included?
- Arrival and departure to Elba
- Meals other than the ones mentioned above
- The use of neoprene or silicone tails from Mermaid Kat Shop (neoprene tails can be rented for USD 20, silicone fins for USD 45 per day)
- Additional photos (if you want to select more than 10, these can be purchased for USD 45 per photo / USD 400 for 10 photos)
What does the Mermaid Retreat in Italy cost?
The cost of the mermaid trip to Italy is 1,999 euros (USD 2,200) per person. To secure your spot we need a deposit of 1,000 euros (USD 1,000). The open balance is due by 31stJuly 2021. A percentage of your payment goes to marine conservation campaigns.
How do I enter?
To take part in this mermaid retreat in Italy, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will then send you further information and ask you for your details. Please note that we will only reserve your spot after a deposit of 1,000 euros/ USD 1,000 is paid (please note that the places are in high demand and are expected to fill up quickly).
* Help us preserve the wildlife – avoid putting sunscreen on. Wear suitable clothing to shade your skin from the sun, instead of using sunscreen. Use a biodegradable sunscreen in case you really need to.
See also our other Mermaid Weeks