Join our Underwater Model and Mermaid Week in Bali. Awaken your innermermaid or merman and discover the underwater world like never before. At the Underwater Model and Mermaid Week you will not only learn new techniques, but also expand your portfolio with breathtaking underwater photos. Get to know like-minded people, explore Bali and relax with a massage at the dream hotel Siddhartha. Of course, our team offers you as much help and support as needed. Regardless of whether you are a beginner or already a professional, everyone is welcome at Underwater Model and Mermaid Week Bali. In addition to the diverse photo shoots, you will discover many sights on our tours. You will of course also have time to relax and rest. Enjoy the dreamlike pool of our hotel or go snorkeling directly at the house reef. What are you waiting for? Come to the Underwater Model and Mermaid Week Bali 2021.
Underwater Model and Mermaid Week Bali 2021
– Underwater modelling and mermaid workshop –
15th – 22nd April 2021 – Bali, Indonesia
What are we going to do?
The Underwater Model and Mermaid Week is a retreat for mermaids, mermen, underwater models and other water-minded people. We want to create a time and place where like-minded aquatic people can meet and share their passion for the underwater world. We not only want to teach new skills; we also want to encourage the exchange of experiences in the group. Our goal is that everyone will have an unforgettable time and go home with many great memories that will last a lifetime. In addition, we will create breathtaking underwater pictures of all participants. In order to make this retreat as special as possible, we have prepared a unique program for you (please note that the process may vary slightly depending on the weather conditions):
Interesting facts about Bali
At some point in life everyone goes to Bali. Immersing yourself in foreign cultures and being open to new things are certainly some reasons. While some consider Bali to be the perfect holiday destination and think of Caribbean-themed beaches, others are attracted to the originality of Bali, such as rice terraces, palaces and temples. Bali belongs to Indonesia and is located in the beautiful Indian Ocean. Bali Hinduism is incomparable. Birth, death and everything in between, but also mountains, lakes, flowers and the rice fields are structured by rituals and symbols. Balinese are warm and balanced. They hardly ever get loud and expect their visitors to try to solve problems without aggression. Dances, music, funeral ceremonies, everything is there for everyone, because visitors are almost always invited as a matter of course. The climate is tropical hot and humid all year round, with daytime temperatures of around 30 to 32 degrees. In Indonesia, and thus also in Bali, no shells may be picked up on the beach or bought in souvenir shops!
Entry & Visa for Bali:
To enter Bali, you need a passport that is valid for at least 6 months. If you stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days and already have a flight ticket for your return trip, you can enter without a visa. If you would like to stay in Indonesia for more than 30 days, you can apply for a visa upon arrival. This costs you around $ 35 and is valid for up to 60 days.
In addition to the fun, the connection with nature, the learning and the exchange of experiences, photo shoots are of course the focus of this trip. We would like to help you to expand or upgrade your portfolio with mermaid and underwater pictures. To achieve this, our experienced team is always at your side. Throughout the week you will get tips and help on modeling and holding your breath. You also get constant feedback on your posing in front of the camera. For this reason, we are sure that you will receive breathtaking pictures of yourself. After the trip, we post your photos on a private website so you can view them. You can then select your 10 included photos (and more if you want to purchase additional ones) from there. Shortly afterwards you will receive the fully edited and high-resolution version of your photos. You can then use these photos for private use and for self-promotion, for example on social media or on your own websites. Please note that a model release must be signed so that we can also use the pictures.
In order to participate in the Underwater Model and Mermaid Week Bali, you must be able to swim well and safely. We also recommend general basic fitness. No experience in freediving, scuba diving, mermaid swimming or underwater modeling is required. Depending on your personal level, we offer you as much support as necessary. Since we firmly believe that mermaids and mermen come in all sizes, shapes, colors, age groups and genders, there are no visual criteria to be met. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
Can I bring my partner?
Of course, partners are very welcome at Mermaid Week Bali. Partners can either participate in all of our activities or just join those that are interesting to them. If your partner is not interested in photo shoots, he/she can still come with us. For example, while we are shooting, he/she can go swimming or snorkeling. Certainly, partners also have the opportunity to select 10 photos from the trip. They can also assign these to the participating partner. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant discounts to partners.
Information about the Hotel
The Hotel Siddhartha Ocean Front Resort & Spa is located on the north-east coast of Bali, in the small town of Kubu, far from everything touristy. The tropical garden was created with a lot of expertise and attention to detail, under the existing palm and tree population. In the background, the most sacred mountain in Bali, the grandiose “Mount Agung” rises. Here is the seat of the gods!!!! The spacious infinity pool offers a magnificent view of the sea. The water is treated in an environmentally friendly manner according to international standards – the process of salt electrolysis offers many health benefits. For example, skin tightening is promoted. It also prevents the skin from drying out. Skin diseases are successfully counteracted by the salt content <0.4%. The Siddhartha also has a small fitness studio. There is also a pool table, darts and table tennis in the game area. In addition, daily yoga classes are offered – free of charge.
Do I need travel insurance?
We highly recommend having travel insurance for the trip. Please note that you will need to sign a liability release, before you are able to join any activities.
What to bring:
- Passport (make sure it is valid for at least 6 months)
- Travel insurance
- Diving license (if you have one and want to go diving)
- Bikini / swimsuit / swimming pants
- Mask, snorkel, fins (if available)
- Summer clothes
- Sweatshirt / light jacket
- Water shoes
- Rash Guard / long sleeved shirt
- Light long pants
- Sunglasses and hat
- Required medication
- Natural mosquito repellent
- Sea-friendly sunscreen
- Mermaid tail if you have one (no sequin fins!)
- Fashion outfits to shoot
- Waterproof mascara and additional makeup (apart from mascara, normal makeup stays reasonably well in place unless you wipe your face)
- If glitter, please only biodegradable
- Wigs in different hair colors (if you want)
- Hairpins and wig glue
- Credit cards and cash (can be changed on site)
- Reusable items such as bottles, cups, bags, etc.
What is included?
- Transportation from Denpasar Airport to the resort and back
- 7 nights at the Siddhartha Ocean Front Resort & Spa
- Free WIFI at the resort
- Food & drinks in the Puri Rai Restaurant Padangbai on our day trip to Nusa Penida
- Farewell dinner
- Training in the field of mermaiding and underwater modelling
- Approx. 8 photo shoots, partly on land and partly under water
- Working with experienced underwater photographers
- Support from our professional safety team
- An adventure tour to Nusa Penida, where we will hopefully swim with manta rays
- A tour to the water temple in Tirta Gangga
- Transport during our activities
- Fabric rental tail from Mermaid Kat Shop (if you don’t have one)
- A Balinese massage
- 10 edited, high-resolution photos (you can choose)
- 1 video from this trip (about 2-3 minutes long)
What is not included?
- Flights to and from Denpasar
- Meals other than those mentioned above
- The use of neoprene or silicone tails from Mermaid Kat Shop (neoprene tails can be rented for USD 20, silicone fins for USD 45 per day)
- Additional photos (if you want to select more than 10, these can be purchased for USD 45 per photo / USD 400 for 10 photos)
What does the Underwater Model and Mermaid Week Bali cost?
The costs for the underwater model and mermaid week Bali are USD 2,399 per person. To secure your place, we require a non-refundable deposit of USD 1,000. The open balance is due by February 28, 2021.
A percentage of your payment goes to marine conservation campaigns.
How do I enter?
To participate in the Underwater Model and Mermaid Week Bali 2021, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will then send you further information and ask you for your details. Please note that we will only reserve your spot after a deposit of USD 1,000 is paid (please note that the spots are in high demand and therefore book out quickly). Our team is looking forward to welcoming you to Bali Underwater Model and Mermaid Week 2021.
* Help us preserve the wildlife – avoid putting sunscreen on. Wear suitable clothing to shade your skin from the sun, instead of using sunscreen. Use a biodegradable sunscreen in case you really need to.
See also our other Mermaid Weeks