The Mermaid Week in the Maldives will be the ultimate adventure for all mermaids, mermen, underwater models and photographers. From total beginners to professional mermaids, underwater models and photographers, everyone is welcome at our Mermaid Week. We invite you to become one with the ocean. Learn underwater techniques and explore your inner mermaid or merman. Learn from professionals and get amazing underwater photos.
What is the Mermaid Week?
The Waterworld Mermaid Week is a 7-day adventure trip in the Maldives. Participants will practice mermaid swimming movements, breath hold techniques and underwater modelling skills. Afterwards they will get into the amazing blue and crystal-clear waters for several underwater shoots. As a result, participants will receive outstanding photos and videos of themselves.
With a little bit of luck, the mermaids and mermen will get to swim with marine life such as manta rays, whale sharks and dolphins. The experience during the mermaid week will be the experience of a lifetime and an unforgettable mermaid dream come true.
Who will be the Mermaid Coach?
Katrin Gray aka Mermaid Kat is a professional mermaid, underwater stunt woman and mermaid instructor. The ocean activist swims with dolphins, whales, rays, sharks and crocodiles. At her mermaid school, Mermaid Kat Academy, over 7,000 students have already grown their mermaid tails. Additionally, Kat is a fully qualified and certified scuba and free diving instructor as well as a certified technical diver and cave diver.
Where will the Mermaid Week be held?
In Malé, the capitol of the Maldives, we will start our mermaid adventure. From here we will enter the luxury yacht and head out on sea. Onboard M. Y. Scubaspa Yang we will have plenty of time to get to know the other mermaids, mermen and crew. We will go to many beautiful dive sites and get to experience the underwater world like never before.
Will there be time to relax?
Of course, there will be plenty of time to relax, go scuba diving or snorkelling. Besides the mermaid workshop and underwater shoots, Scubaspa has a lot to offer. Start your day with a yoga session, get a massage in the 300 square meter big spa or relax in the jacuzzi.
When is this mermaid trip happening?
The Mermaid Week will be held from 5th to 12th September 2020. As spots are limited, we highly recommend to book in and pay your deposit (around USD 1,100) quickly, as spots are expected to fill up quickly.
Participants must have strong swimming abilities and a certain level of general fitness. There are no experiences in mermaiding, underwater modelling, scuba or free diving required. All levels of experience are welcome. Those whom more advanced, will be challenged as those who are just getting started will be fully supported. Participants under the age of 18 must be accomplished by an adult.
Can my partner come too?
Of course. The M. Y. Scubaspa Yang is a fantastic yacht, not only for mermaids and mermen. Partners can join and enjoy their time during spa treatments, yoga, snorkelling, scuba diving and other activities..
Underwater photographers are also more than welcome. The Waterworld photo pro team will give helpful tips on underwater photography if needed. Afterwards they can capture images of underwater models in mermaid tails and fashion outfits and of the amazing marine life of course.
What is included in the Mermaid Week?
Besides training in mermaiding, underwater modelling and breath holding, several photo shoots are included in the price. You will have photo shoots on board, on small islands and underwater. But that’s not all, there are many more things included:
- Transfer and airport assistance in Malé: airport – ship – airport
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Welcome drink, unlimited drinking water
- Fruit juices, tea and coffee for breakfast
- 2 GB WIFI for FREE per cabin
- Free loan snorkeling equipment and yoga equipment
- Use of kayaks, paddle boats, jacuzzi
- BBQ on the beach including sunset cocktails and alcoholic Sunset BBQ drinks
- Optional diving, spa or Scubaspa package as per description
- For dive packages: Tank, Weights, Guide, Nitrox 4 Free
- Professional mermaid & underwater modelling workshop with supervision according to description
- Photo shoots above and underwater
- Photos and videos of yourself
- Maldivian bed tax
- WATERWORLD FotoPRO guide including photo tips and pictures for private use (for photographers)
The Mermaid Week does not include airfare.
Three packages to choose from:
- The package Scuba includes 15-17 scuba dives (for certified divers only)
- The package Spa includes 8 spa treatments
- The package Scuba & Spa includes 6 scuba dives and 4 spa treatment (for certified divers only)
What does the Mermaid Week cost?
The prices depend on the style of cabin you would like to book.
- Sea Star Cabin: Eur 2,590 per person (around USD 2,860)
- Cowrie Suite: Eur 2,790 per person (around USD 3,080)
- Dolphin Suits: Eur 3,090 per person (around USD 3,400)
- Manta Suits: EUR 3,290 per person (around USD 3,630)
- To join the mermaid workshop and underwater shoots: EUR 450 (around USD 490)
- For underwater photographers: EUR 250 (around USD 270)
- Guests who don’t join the mermaid week or underwater photography course: EUR 100 (around USD 110)
How can I sign up?
To sign up for the Mermaid Week 2020, please send an email to: email@example.com
Please keep in mind that your registration is not complete until you make your deposit. There are only limited spots available. Therefore, sign up fast as spots are expected to fill up quickly.
We are looking forward to joining this amazing adventure with you!